Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Race 15 of 40 - The Color Run

The Color Run - the absolute definition of a fun run. Advertised as "The Happiest 5k on the Planet" and I have to say that's correct. How it works: you start off the race wearing white. As you run the course, there are various "color stations" where volunteers throw colored powder on everyone. By the end of the race, everyone is covered in rainbow colors.

Again, just a fun run - it's not even timed. And I didn't even wear my Garmin - time made no difference! I ran this with Becky and Heather (Heather's first 5k). My cousins Melissa and Grace too; they actually ran it while Heather, Becky, and I ran/walked. We met up with several others along the way. And missed other people we knew, sadly. It was such a huge event (15,000!!!), connecting with people was tough.

Not much else to say about this one. It's really best to just look at the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment