Monday, February 11, 2013

Race 6 of 40 - Riverview Winterfest Four Mile Race

For my sixth race, I did the Riverview Winterfest Four Mile Race. It was nice! I like the four mile distance!

I added this race last minute when I decided driving to Mt Pleasant for the Ice Cube 10k - five hour drive round trip just to run 6 miles - was a little ridiculous.

This four miler was very no frills, not even a water stop along the route. The race packet didn't include a shirt, it was a knit hat. And the hat was a little ugly. But...hey at least it's something different. The race temperature was FINALLY a little more reasonable (26°!!! Heat wave!!!)

When I first crossed the finish line, I was a little ticked that they only had water, not even a banana. But then I remembered that there was a pancake breakfast included. Since I was by myself, I didn't stick around for the breakfast, but I'm sure it was good.

All in all, this was a fun race. But in reality, one that I did simply because I needed a third race for February. It was a bit of a drive for four miles, a hat, and a cup of water. There was nothing *bad* about it, but I just don't see myself running this one again.

Next up...nothing until Corktown on March 10th. That starts a streak of four weekends in row. The Shamrock N Roll on March 17th will be my first 10k of the year. After that, the Run du Nain Rouge (5k) on March 24th and the April Fool's Run (10k) up in Clarkston (my hometown! <3) on March 30th.

Tonight I also posted my plan for races for the third and fourth quarters. Overall, I'm amazed with how easily this schedule is falling into place. Granted, I still have several registration fees to *pay* for, but I think I have a really nice map for 40 races.

6 down. 34 to go. :)

1 comment:

  1. At least it wasn't awful :) Nice to see you keeping on track ... no pun intended hehe.
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete