Friday, January 11, 2013

40 races in 2013?!? Seriously?!?

I saw a Facebook post today about a woman who is turning 30 this year and is planning to run 30 races in 2013. I thought to myself, "You're turning 40 this year, (In 6 days, actually) why not try for 40 races in 2013?!?

I did the math. That's just over 3 races per month. Can my legs handle that?! Of course!!! Can my wallet handle the registration fees?! Well, that remains to be seen.

I figure I've already got several pricier races paid for: half marathons in April and October, a ten-miler in June, the Warrior Dash in July. Fill in with some cheap and local 5Ks and 10Ks and...well, we'll see.

I've already done the Commitment Day 5k on 1.1.13 and have the PoHo Hot Cocoa 8k scheduled for tomorrow. So all I need is to find one more race for January and I'm on my way.

So here we go, 40 races in one year to celebrate my 40th birthday. Running is just like that subscription to the jelly of the month club: it's the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment